Applied Satellite Engineering has the ultimate solution for using your 9505A Iridium satellite phone indoors and outdoors. Just dock your Iridium phone in our docking station and you can use satellite communications with standard analog phone sets or your company’s PBX system. When you need to leave your boat or office, just un-dock your handset and take it with you. Never be out of touch again!
Advanced features include:
- “Smart Dialing.” The docking station knows the correct format for the country that is being dialed and places the call once the number is entered. Smart Dialing eliminates the superfluous “00” IDD code (no more international dialing sequence).
- Simple Operation. The docking station combines clear LED status lights with the Iridium handset’s graphical display for setup, troubleshooting, programming, and operation.
- Base Station Ringer. Audible alert of incoming calls.
- Versatile Power Input. 10 – 32 VDC input range supports power systems on most vehicles and marine vessels. An included universal power adapter allows 100/240 VAC, 47/63 Hz operation. A DC vehicle adapter is also included.
Bring your satellite communication indoors with the ASE docking station. Once connected to an Iridium antenna with line-of-sight to the satellite constellation, you are ready to send and receive voice and data using your docked Iridium 9505A.
And even better yet, the ASE-MC03 docking station easily integrates into your building or vessel infrastructure using the POTS(RJ11) interface to connect to your PBX or standard analog phone. For data usage, connect to the internet over the RS232 data port.
Installation is simple because the ASE docking station has all the advanced circuitry integrated into the single-piece, docking cradle. Mount the dock, connect the antenna, dock your 9505A and you are done!
For resilience centers, a common installation has the docking station installed in the emergency room with the RJ11 interface connected into the backup PBX or emergency comms. The docked 9505A is available as the communications channel within the building, yet also available for situations that require “grab-and-go”.
- RJ11 Connect. Connects to an analog phone (single or PBX) including multi-handset wireless phones. Use of a cordless phone with expandable handsets can provide up to eight units within a two-mile range (unobstructed) from the base station
- Hands-free Connect. Headset/microphone jack offers audio enhancement circuitry to provide excellent voice quality.
- Data port connect. RS232 port for data connections. Compatible with Iridium’s Direct Internet 2.0
- Iridium certified product. Additional approvals and certifications include CE and IEC60945
- Interfaces: POTS (RJ11), RS232, 2.5 mm handsfree
- Length: 9.75 in.
- Width: 5.25 in.
- Height: 3.5 in.
- Weight: 1.4 lb
- Operating temperature range: –15°C to +70°C
- Power: 10 – 32 VDC, or use included power adapter for 100/240 VAC,47/63 Hz
- Approvals: Iridium, CE, IEC60945 (indoors)