Our low-profile Iridium antenna is Iridium-frequency-only allowing its narrow-band tuning to provide optimum Iridium performance. Why? Other aviation antennas must go “wide-band” to capture the nearby GPS frequency for FAA TSO which reduces efficiency. But we are the first with a specially designed, Iridium only aviation patch that meets and earned the new FAA TSO C159a for satellite communication. Designed for both fixed wing and rotorcraft airframes, and operating with both Iridium-based voice and data communications devices, the single channel aviation patch provides continuous coverage from 1616.0 MHz to 1626.5 MHz for excellent Iridium operation. Mechanical configuration is the standard aviation ARINC 743 footprint with injection molded radome, aircraft aluminum base plate and integral Nitrile ‘O’ring.
The CI 401-490 is intended for aviation use and must be mounted on top of the aircraft with an unobstructed view of the sky. Follow Comant’s Installation Instructions and always refer to the FAA AC 43.13-2B.
- Aviation-standard ARINC 743 “bar-of-soap” footprint
- FAA C159a satellite communication TSO
- Narrow-band 1616.0 MHz to 1626.5 MHz coverage
- RTCA DO-160 G Environmental tested
- Category [1B] Direct Effects Lightning
- Height: .90 in.
- Width: 2.90 in. maximum
- Length: 4.72 in. maximum
- Weight: 6.2 oz. maximum
- TNC Female connector
- VSWR: 1.5:1 maximum
- POLARIZATION: RIGHT HAND POLARIZATION
- RADIATION PATTERN: HEMISPHERICAL
- IMPEDANCE: 50 OHMS OUTPUT (NOMINAL)
- GAIN (MEASURED ON 4′ CIRCULAR GROUND PLANE): +3.0 dBic @ ZENITH
- POWER HANDLING: 6.5 WATTS AVG.
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION: DC GROUND